Yes, you read that right. This lowly little travel blogger has earned herself an award! Turns out it is in recognition of up and coming blogs to inspire and encourage a sense of community as well as to add some motivation, and you know what? I’ll take it. Thanks so much to Carmen and Natasha for bestowing this great honor upon me. Now for the details and rules:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
- Make sure the blogs you chose have 200 or LESS followers
So I guess, here goes nothing!
11 Random Facts About Me
- I’m an animal freak. If I could name one of the biggest downsides to traveling and living on a boat, for me it would be that I can’t have pets 😦
- My middle name is Maia, named after a star in the Pleiades (cluster of seven “sister” stars within the constellation Taurus) and was picked by my dad the astronomy buff
- I am Quaker (not Amish)
- I will shamelessly admit that I am a 12 year old at heart and love all things Disney… and Justin Bieber
- I love tie-dye
- I get emotional when I watch the Ellen Show (and Ellen Degerenes is one of my favorite people on the planet)
- I wish I could teleport
11 random facts are really hard to come up with on the spot…
- I really do wish for world peace (fully miss congeniality style)
- I like Christmas eve better than Christmas
- I love and miss my family and friends SO much (but am thankful every day for modern technology)
- I have a freckle in my eye
Answers to Carmen and Natasha’s questions:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go first and why?
Right now I would have to say either somewhere in the Middle East or Antarctica. Simply because they are the most extreme places that I can think of and would be the biggest shock to experience.
2. If you could buy anything right now at any price, what would you purchase?
A house back home in Annapolis, MD on the water (preferably with a boat docked out back).
3. What is your favourite clothing brand?
I really love Zara and Madewell.
4. If you had the chance to go back in time for 24 hours, where and when would you go?
This is a toughie but I guess I would choose to be back in college for a day. Maybe the day of my sorority’s Red Dress Gala or Mr. Greek pageant because those were big accomplishments for me and very rewarding.
5. What is your favourite blog?
Sheesh, another toughie. I don’t have a favorite because I really just follow all the travel blogs on twitter for inspiration and tips but I have to say that Kara from Standby to Somewhere invited me to be her first guest blogger and that really motivated me. Plus she has totally convinced me to make a trip to Spain and take a stab at the Camino De Santiago one day. Oh, and I’m extremely jealous of the perks she gets by having a flight attendant mom.
6. What has been one of your highlights as a blogger?
Probably just the general support and kindness I’ve received from the travel blogger community (and blogger in general). I wrote a post about an instance where I felt a bit lonely and got the warmest reception along with offers to extend a friendly hand and make new friends and connections.
7. What is the best decision you have ever made?
Taking this job. It was a big leap to leave home and live with strangers on a boat for a year on the opposite side of the world. Now I’m going on two years and the strangers have turned into family. And I’ve seen some incredible places, to top it all off.
8. If you could be anyone else in the world right now, who would you be (must be alive)?
I would say some famous singer because I’ve always had a passion (albeit shy and kept kind of private) for singing and music, but I’d hate the paparazzi and lack of privacy. So instead I’ll say Jenna Dewan, because well, who wouldn’t want to sleep next to Channing Tatum every night?
9. What is your favourite song?
Way too hard, you’re killing me girls. I’ll always love “Sunday Morning” by Maroon 5. Also, I could listen to anything by The Beatles for the rest of my life.
10. What would your last meal be if you could choose anything?
I’d teleport back to Italy and have pasta, pizza and gelato until my stomach burst open (that’s how I would die, thus making it my last meal).
11. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
This makes me feel really boring because I can’t think of anything good off the top of my head. Um, I was an extra in a movie once? Is that crazy? No? Oh well.
Anyway, here are MY 11 questions for my nominees!
- Where is your favorite place you’ve been to so far?
- What is one of your pet peeves?
- What are three things you can’t live without?
- Where is your least favorite place you’ve been to so far?
- Where have you been that surprised you in terms of what you were expecting?
- What’s your favorite book?
- What is your favorite animal?
- What has been your proudest moment so far?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is one thing you regret?
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?
And on to the nominees! (forgive me if you’ve gotten it before or if I’ve miscounted your number of followers- I really have no way of knowing. Also, there’s no way I’m making it to 11- I suck, I’m sorry)
www.guppyroad.com (I just read that she’s entered a vow of silence for the next couple of weeks though so I don’t know how this is going to pan out…)
READY, SET, GO!