I can hardly believe it’s been two years since I took that one way flight to Ft. Lauderdale with visions of grand adventure on the horizon. I guess it’s true that time flies when you’re having fun! Year one was amazing and year two hasn’t been so bad either. Here are some of my memorable moments from the latest year of adventure onboard the
Loveboat M/Y Little Mermaid At Sea:
1. Visiting my best friend in Chile on my first ever trip to South America
This also includes the roughly 48 hour long trip from Singapore it took to get there but it was worth it to see my best friend and some of the most incredible street art in the world. Oh, and the food was good too. You know how I love my food.
2. Dogsledding in Alaska
3. Seeing the Tian Tan Buddha in Hong Kong
See more highlights from my Hong Kong trip which include a creeper and getting made fun of for using chopsticks poorly here .
4. Taking my first (of many) float plane ride
5. Taking my first (and second) helicopter ride
6. Mingling with the bears in Alaska
Narrowing down photos of the bears was so hard for this one; see some other noteworthy favorites here.
7. Experiencing life with our owners onboard
8. Snorkeling/surfing with sea turtles in Maui
9. Driving the Road to Hana
With it’s twists, turns, one way bridges and blind curves, this drive was memorable for more than just the incredible scenery.
10. Paragliding in Maui
11. Basically my entire Maui trip
Because it really was THAT good. And because I hate narrowing things down.
12. Seeing a glacier calve in Alaska
Actually, this was one of the most incredible things I’ve ever seen in person. We saw a lot of glacier calving while we were in Alaska, but this was by far the most impressive show. We waited about two hours to see it, but it was well worth it. The monster wave that ensued was simply a bonus.
13. Conquering the Grouse Grind in Vancouver
The Grouse Grind is affectionately (or not so affectionately) nicknamed “Mother Nature’s Stairmaster”. Do with that what you will. I finished in 40 minutes; eat my dust.
14. Reuniting with loved ones after a year away (which I get to do again in three weeks!)
It’s nice to be loved and missed 🙂
…CHEERS TO THE BEGINNING OF YEAR THREE!!